Sunday, January 12, 2020

[Transfusion] a poem



….I take courage to grow up to what I will become,
a jackal in the rain, in the storm, sapling merely pulled from a root unknown;

-a deep secret, carrying my own heart, the growth more potential than the soul
can wish or the mind can go,

In the beginning, when light would have never been thrown,
hiding has become easier, the recessive gene, the teaching of method, when
intellect takes and all hearts around me would break, watering my Orchids until
they drown is the only way I know to love, taking light from those with light until
my world once again will be light

-lightning is again here, on the horizon, coursing through the earth as a plague
through the blood, the Cholera still sepsis in the viscera of Tchaikovsky

-the only tune still apparent is the dreaded transfusion I’ll need..



Dontrell Lovet't
from, [They Took It All Away]

No comments:

Post a Comment