Sunday, December 29, 2019

[On Belief] a poem



Moments where you'll become disgruntled with me are
incidentally inevitable; but whatever you do,
never lose belief in me,
if you can help yourself-

-yes, of course, belief in self in itself is quite a difficult feat,
much less upholding an unrevealed significance, without limb,
withholding something unspoken between us-

-in aloneness, fatigue chronically rears;
within love, exhaustion never accumulates,
can never accumulate, so greatly as to stumble
forthrightness, startle an unnerved belief invoking
a living-god glow from your very collaboration-

-even if the love you've given me,
the lifeline nearly indestructible will,
i'm sorry to confess,
fail to keep this mind from the thought
of all those lovers before you;
you are the day to the night they are
captive in; the counter-balance necessary
if I am to be what I've longed failed to be-



Dontrell Lovet't
from, [Just a Body

No comments:

Post a Comment