Tuesday, December 24, 2019

[And all the Battles] a poem




If I told you that I’ve waged and lost
the battle of war time and again, would you
think of me as an invalid who refuses to admit
his disadvantages?


Would you see me still eye to eye, lead me to
that moment where I finally am convinced that
everything will still be fine even in defeat?


Would you call me cowardice for only waging wars
that I know I can win? Or will you, with all your
knowledge of falling on your own sword, warn me
that even in victory, the soul still rests few hours
and that my eyes will know many flutters when all
the defeated are resting peacefully?


If I’ve suffered from secondary infection,
it has been a case of sepsis that I’ve somehow
brought into my own bloodstream,
bright fires, flames dancing wildly to

an atmosphere that has gone without a breeze
since the last century; if we breathe, we breathe the
breath of one another, we sustain on our own

self-sufficiency-

battles will wage, will initiate,
by whose aggravation, we know not,
so we fight,
we fight for the same,
so a victory is always inevitable-



Dontrell Lovet't
from, [Labial Laughs]

No comments:

Post a Comment